Sports Nutritional Programming
As athletes (and kids in general) develop, so do their nutritional needs.
In order to get the most out of their bodies, athletes need to fuel it with the right foods. And in order to develop the all-important habit of choosing the right foods, they need the right education and the right motivation – like becoming the pro-hockey player they dream of being.
The nutrition portion of this program is designed to do just that, which each program including:
- Custom Meal Plans – Our nutritionists design healthy meals with quality whole foods to support and promote athletic development and increased energy. Recipes are easy to make, great tasting, and help our athletes learn how to incorporate the proper servings of protein, carbs, and healthy fats into each meal so they can carry what they learn here not only into the rest of their career- but the rest of their lives. And like our training plans, we make weekly adjustments based on progress and tastes.
- Grocery Lists – No need to make two family shopping lists (Parents – we’re looking at you!). Our custom grocery lists make knowing what to put in your shopping cart each week fast and easy.
- Eating for Energy Tips – Most people aged 7-15 consume a diet high in sugar and low in healthy carbohydrates, which puts them on an energy roller coaster. We teach our athletes how to eat to sustain consistent energy levels so they can always train at their best.
- Pre- and Post-Workout Recipes – A pre-exercise meal is paramount in providing energy for working muscles; while a post-workout meal must replenish the body’s depleted energy stores and stimulate the recovery process. Our recipes are designed to ensure the body has exactly what it needs to perform at its best during training; then heal and become stronger during rest times. Plus, they taste great.
- Vitamins and Minerals from A-Z. Micronutrients are important for optimal functioning of the body at cellular levels, and knowledge of these nutrients is paramount in understanding how to keep your body running in top form. We teach players the best sources of vitamins and minerals, including easy juicing and salad recipes.
BONUS! Training and Nutrition Seminar (60 Minutes): Free with every training program purchase
- Activation warm-up based on dynamic movements and result driven game preparation
- Training session focusing on introductory principles of in-season maintenance
- Strength Training, yoga, aerobic and anaerobic exercises demonstrated
- Nutrition & lifestyle seminar designed for players & families · Recovery, recuperation and building strategies
- Family Meal Planning Walk-Thru with Sports Nutritionists