Minor Hockey Player Development Program
Any elite athlete knows that the building blocks of superior performance must rest on a solid foundation of knowledge and commitment. This program is designed to help athletes aged 7-15 lay that foundation through a customized program focused on all of the essential areas that need to be advanced in order to succeed in the highly competitive world of hockey.
Created specifically with the minor hockey player’s needs in mind and available in either a 1-on-1 coaching format or in a small group of 5-6 players, this program uniquely combines custom sports coaching with focused nutrition and lifestyle plans that work together to help athletes achieve maximum performance results. Combine that with our passion for player development, and you’ve got the best recipe for success.
So what is included in the Minor Hockey Player Development Program?
Support and monitoring
Our clients’ success is our success – and we are here to ensure that each and every one of our athletes gets the support they need in order to achieve their athletic goals. Each program involves the careful and detailed monitoring of each athlete’s progress and continual adjustments to their training and nutritional plans as they progress through the program.
Whatever they need – we’re always just a click or call away.
The crucial ages of 12-15 are when players must start to master more complex movements while gaining important strength in preparation for more serious training later; and our programs challenge players to do just that.
Each program starts with a TK Sports Evaluation, whereby we perform comprehensive diagnostic testing to establish any imbalances and areas for improvement so we can tailor a program that will work to the athlete’s specific needs and goals.
Each custom program focuses on all key components that make up a well-rounded training routine, including:
- A weekly personalized fitness training program designed to improve speed, agility, and strength.
- Dynamic warm ups, mobility training and corrective exercises that address any movement issues and muscular imbalances.
- Development of motor skills and co-ordination needed to compete at the pro level.
- Position specific conditioning.
- Cool down and stretching routines for increased flexibility and muscle recovery.
As athletes (and kids in general) develop, so do their nutritional needs. In order to get the most out of their bodies, they need to fuel it with the right foods. And in order to develop the all-important habit of choosing the right foods, they need the right education and the right motivation – like becoming the pro-hockey player they dream of being.
The nutrition portion of this program is designed to do just that, which each program including:
- Custom Meal Plans – Our nutritionists design healthy meals with quality whole foods to support and promote athletic development and increased energy. Recipes are easy to make, great tasting, and help our athletes learn how to incorporate the proper servings of protein, carbs, and healthy fats into each meal so they can carry what they learn here not only into the rest of their career- but the rest of their lives. And like our training plans, we make weekly adjustments based on progress and tastes.
- Grocery Lists – No need to make two family shopping lists (Mom – we’re looking at you!). Our custom grocery lists make knowing what to put in your shopping cart each week fast and easy.
- Eating for Energy Tips – Most people aged 7-15 consume a diet high in sugar and low in healthy carbohydrates, which puts them on an energy roller coaster. We teach our athletes how to eat to sustain consistent energy levels so they can always train at their best.
- Pre- and Post-Workout Recipes – A pre-exercise meal is paramount in providing energy for working muscles; while a post-workout meal must replenish the body’s depleted energy stores and stimulate the recovery process. Our recipes are designed to ensure the body has exactly what it needs to perform at its best during training; then heal and become stronger during rest times. Plus, they taste great.
- Vitamins and Minerals from A-Z. Micronutrients are important for optimal functioning of the body at cellular levels, and knowledge of these nutrients is paramount in understanding how to keep your body running in top form. We teach players the best sources of vitamins and minerals, including easy juicing and salad recipes.
BONUS! Training and Nutrition Seminar (60 Minutes):
- Activation warm-up based on dynamic movements and result driven game preparation
- Training session focusing on introductory principles of in-season maintenance
- Strength Training, yoga, aerobic and anaerobic exercises demonstrated
- Nutrition & lifestyle seminar designed for players & families
- Recovery, recuperation and building strategies
- Family Meal Planning Walk-Thru with Sports Nutritionists
Sound good? Register now and help your player start their journey towards success today.